Defensor 3 is for vaccination of healthy dogs, cats, cattle and sheep 3 months of age or older as an aid in preventing rabies.
- Contains a highly immunogenic, fixed strain of rabies virus that originated from Louis Pasteur’s original 1882 isolate and has been extensively tested for freedom from contaminating agents.
- Use of an established cell line yields a vaccine of consistent potency from serial to serial.
- Formulated with a chemically inactivated rabies virus prepared from cell culture.
- Exceptionally well tolerated after injection due to a novel dual-buffering system that restricts pH to a narrow, safe range.
- DEFENSOR has been demonstrated to be uniformly safe in experimental tests, and no significant adverse reactions were reported in extensive clinical trials of the vaccine.
- DEFENSOR vaccines produced for sale in California meet specific potency standards required by that state.
- Customer-friendly packaging using recycled materials includes peel-off labels to make record- keeping faster and more accurate, a color-coded organizing system, and an easy-open safety band.
Dosage and Administration:
Dogs and Cats:
General Directions: Shake well. Aseptically administer 1 mL subcutaneously. Dogs may be vaccinated intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
Primary Vaccination: Administer a single 1-mL dose at 3 months of age or older to healthy dogs and cats. A repeat dose should be administered 1 year later.
Revaccination: Subsequent revaccination every 3 years with a single dose is recommended.
Cattle and Sheep:
General Directions: Shake well. Aseptically administer 2-mL intramuscularly.
Primary Vaccination: Administer a single 2-mL dose at 3 months of age or older to healthy cattle and sheep. A repeat dose should be administered 1 year later.
Revaccination: Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.
Store at 2°-7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Contains gentamicin as preservative.
As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, aremalnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.