Each 100 ml contains-
Calcium gluconate, calcium borogluconate, calcium hydroxide, Magnesium chloride, 2-aminoethyl-dihydrogenphosphate, equivalent to 4.56 g Calcium, 0.78 g Magnesium and 0.132 g Phosphorus.
INDICATIONS AND RECOMMENDED USAGE:
Acute calcium deficiency, Post- parturient hypocalcaemia (Milk fever) and as a concomitant treatment in allergies.
Cattle (Milk Fever): 200- 220ml / 500 kg bw
Calves, sheep and goats: 15ml / 50 kg bw
Dogs and cats: 2ml / 10 kg bw
For allergies: 1ml /5 kg bw
ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION:
Through slow intravenous, intramuscular or subcutaneous route only. QuikCal-50 can be diluted in normal saline or dextrose normal saline for administration through intravenous route.
PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS:
• QuikCal-50 can be administered safely during pregnancy and lactation period.
• Special precautions are required in animals already receiving cardiac glycosides.
• In case of an adverse reaction like cardiac arrhythmia, restlessness, sweating, increase of tears or saliva, the infusion should be stopped immediately.
• DRUG INTERACTIONS: Calcium potentiates the cardiac activity of β-blockers and methyl-xanthine. Glucocorticoids increase the renal elimination of calcium by Vitamin D antagonism. concurrent use of QuikCal-50 with other veterinary medicinal products should be avoided. QuikCal-50 must not be mixed with other veterinary medicinal products.
• OVERDOSE: An overdose can lead to hypercalcemia with cardio- toxic effects. In such cases, treatment should be discontinued immediate- ly. To counteract, administration of diuretics in combination with an isotonic NaCl solution is recommended, which may increase the renal excretion of calcium. In life- threatening cases, 15-50 mg/kg EDTA should be administered intravenously.
• CONTRAINDICATIONS: Do not use in animals suffering from hypercalcemia, hyperparathyroidism, acidosis, severe kidney failure. Do not use in animals with known hypersensitivity to any of the components.
• ADVERSE REACTIONS: Skin irritation may occur at the injection site. Tachycardia, agitation, sweating as well as hypotension or collapse may appear.
• SAFE DISPOSAL OF PACKAGING: Any waste materials derived from QuikCal-50 should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements. • Keep out of the reach of children.
PACKING: 100 ml