VANGUARD Plus 5 L4 is for vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older as an aid in preventing canine distemper caused by canine distemper (CD) virus, infectious canine hepatitis (ICH) caused by canine adenovirus type 1 (CAV-1), respiratory disease caused by canine adenovirus type 2 (CAV-2), canine parainfluenza caused by canine parainfluenza (CPI) virus, enteritis caused by canine parvovirus (CPV) and CPV-2c, and leptospirosis caused byLeptospira canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, and L. pomona.
- Demonstrated performance of the viral antigens based on retrospective serological studies.1
- Vanguard Plus 5 L4 is a freeze-dried preparation of attenuated strains of CD virus, CAV-2, CPI virus, CPV, and inactivated whole cell cultures of L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, and L. pomona.
- Leptospira cells are extensively rinsed, resulting in reduced extraneous materials.
- A microfiltration process helps remove extraneous proteins.
- Safety documented by large-scale, multicenter study.
- Efficacy confirmed against the most common canine Leptospira serovars.
- Covered by the Companion Animal Immunization Support Guarantee.
Dosage and Administration
Directions: Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine (Vanguard Plus 5 L4) with the sterile gel provided, shake well, and administer 1 mL subcutaneously or intramuscularly. Healthy dogs should receive 2 doses administered 3 weeks apart. To avoid the potential for maternal antibody interference, dogs vaccinated at less than 9 weeks of age should receive 3 doses, each administered 3 weeks apart. Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended. Duration of immunity has not been established.
Store at 2°-7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze. Use entire contents when first opened. Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine. Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine. Burn containers and all unused contents. Contains gentamicin as preservative. Vaccination of pregnant bitches should be avoided. In case of anaphylaxis, administer epinephrine or equivalent.