First and Only Sustained-Release Antibiotic
- EXCEDE is the first and only antibiotic FDA-approved for horses that offers a full 10-day course of therapy in just two treatments.
- By providing 10 days of therapy in just two treatments, veterinarians can optimize compliance and convenience.
- Fewer administrations mean less potential for missed doses.
- Comparative treatments require 10 once or twice daily doses. Maintaining multiple treatments at consistent intervals can cause added stress for the horse as well as for those administering the medication. For a full course of therapy, your horse must receive the full dose at regular intervals as prescribed by a veterinarian.
Safe and Effective
- The use of EXCEDE provides veterinarians peace of mind, knowing they have selected a product that has been demonstrated to be both safe and effective in horses.
- EXCEDE is FDA-approved for use in horses and is available through veterinary prescription only.
Dosage and Administration:
Shake well before using. Administer two intramuscular injections to the horse, four days apart (96 hours), at a dose of 1.5 mL per 100 pounds of body weight (3.0 mg/lb. or 6.6 mg/kg). A maximum of 20 mL per injection site may be administered. In clinical studies, administration of less than 10 mL per injection site minimized injection site reactions. Therapeutic drug concentrations are maintained for six days after the second injection or a total of 10 days from the beginning of treatment against S. zooepidemicus. Vial contents should be used within 12 weeks after the first dose is removed.
- EXCEDE Sterile Suspension is available in 100-mL