- MONTAPRIM inj: is indicated in the treatment of
systemic infections caused by or associated with
organisms sensitive to the Trimethoprim and Sulfadiazine
combination. The spectrum of activity includes
both Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
- Cattle: 15 mg of active ingredients per kilogram
bodyweight (1 ml per 16 kg bodyweight) by intramuscular
or slow intravenous injection.
- Horses: 15 mg of active ingredients per kilogram
bodyweight (1 ml per 16 kg bodyweight), by slow
intravenous injection only.
- Dogs and Cats: 30 mg of active ingredients per
kilogram bodyweight (1 ml per 8 kg bodyweight), by
subcutaneous injection only.
PRECAUTIONS, WARNINGS ETC:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the active ingredients.
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
- The product should be used within 28 days after
withdrawal of first dose.
- Cattle Meat: 12 days
- Cow Milk: 2 days